"Med bue og pil"

Diskusjoner rundt historiske design og bruk. Kjekt med kildehenvisninger.
Brukeravatar
Peter O. Stecher
Nybegynner
Sted: Austria
Kontakt:

"Med bue og pil"

Legg inn av Peter O. Stecher »

Hello Folks, I'm sorry, but I'm just able to write in English. I just want you to ask if that Carl Dryers book. "Med bue og pil" is avaiable somewhere??
I'm a craze on that old books, I just got C. G. Ahlefeldts "Impala". I can't read it, but enjoy it....;o))

Maybe somebody can help me?

I'm a writer myself, using that old books for sources. If you like, please look at: www.legends-in-archery.com
My book will be available in English in 2010.

Sorry it that is the wrong place for that question!

Best
Peter
Oddbjørn
Master bowyer
Kontakt:

Re: "Med bue og pil"

Legg inn av Oddbjørn »

Here is a couple, but you better be quick, someboby else might snatch it. Oddbjørn.

http://www.antikvariat.net/get/search.cgi?post
jamar
Mester
Sted: Tromsø

Legg inn av jamar »

Not wrong place at all, Peter, though we usually discuss literature under the heading <anmeldelser> (cf. board index). Welcome to the forum, by the way. We've previously tried to find out how to make a cheap facsimile edition of Dreyers book, it is a question of who bothers to do the scanning and at what cost. The book has a somewhat legendary status amongst danish trad archers. It is available through several second-hand bookshops on www. as Oddbjørn points out, but beware - it is rare and pricey. Whether it has been translated into english I don't know.
regards - jamar
Brukeravatar
Peter O. Stecher
Nybegynner
Kontakt:

Oh, thank you!! I see, traditional archers are the same mold around the world..;o))

Did Ahlefeldt wrote also other books??

I'd love to add a chapter on Ahlefeldt or Dryer in the English edition, but I do not understand too much in Danish..;o))
I first read on Ahlefeldt at Robert Hardys book.

Hmm, I would know a very favourable print business in Hungaria. I've seen books they made, very good quality! Let me know, if you like the contact.

Best would be to reprint Dryers book in English, so it could be a seller, also overseas. Who is keeping the copyrights now??

I just proud at the moment, because Sasha Siemels daughter, Alexandra will write me a foreword for my book. Do you know Siemel?? A hell of a guy...
Oddbjørn
Master bowyer
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Oddbjørn »

G. Ahlefeldt L. Bille also wrote a book named IMPALA. It tells about his hunting trip to Africa where he used both bow and arrows and rifle. It has many nice photos. Oddbjørn.
Brukeravatar
Peter O. Stecher
Nybegynner
Kontakt:

As I mentioned above, I have "IMPALA", a great book, a true adventurer. I have it in a soft cover edition, were all editions soft cover?? I love it! But just can look on that awful photos...;o))
Oddbjørn
Master bowyer
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Oddbjørn »

I forgot to mention that he also gave out a small book, 48 pages that is named: Moderne Bueskydning og Buemageri (modern archery and bowmaking). It is mostly about how to make archery tackle. oddbjørn.
Brukeravatar
Peter O. Stecher
Nybegynner
Kontakt:

Is it availabe?? I'm a fool on that old stuff...;))
Oddbjørn
Master bowyer
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Oddbjørn »

I just did a search on antikvariat.net, but found none. Oddbjørn.
Brukeravatar
Peter O. Stecher
Nybegynner
Kontakt:

I will google it...maybe..;o)

Somewhere I read that Ahlefeldt used also bows made by Saxton Pope. True? I could imagine that, because Pope was also on safari with English Longbows.
Do you know Pope's "The Adventurous Bowmen", a very good read...??
nidrinr
Master bowyer
Sted: Trautskogen

Legg inn av nidrinr »

I really don't know this "med bue og pil", others than by hearing it mentioned.. -but if it would help and someone could send me a copy, I'll be glad to help by translating it to English.
Brukeravatar
Peter O. Stecher
Nybegynner
Kontakt:

Ohh, yes folks, let's make a new edition!!! Who knows who is holding the copyrights now??? Or is it in public domain??
I could look for a favourable printing etc.!! That sounds great, a true traditional project to keep the flame....;o))
nidrinr
Master bowyer

Legg inn av nidrinr »

I bet someone with better knowledge of laws and rights might be able to answer you better than what I'm able to, I never bother to deal with coplicated rules... (I follow what we call "kardemommeloven" -or "the kardemomme law".. It's very simple, and in English it says: "You shall not be bad to others, you must be nice and kind. -Keep to that and you may do as you please.")
Brukeravatar
Peter O. Stecher
Nybegynner
Kontakt:

Or course we just do it honest!! But for me it would be difficult to find out on that copyrights, so far.....so I'd beg one of that Danish archers to check that out...
nidrinr
Master bowyer

Legg inn av nidrinr »

I bet someone on tis forum know the rules and all other necessary information too, just have to wait for them to log on :)
Svar