Nye funn

Diskusjoner rundt historiske design og bruk. Kjekt med kildehenvisninger.
MalaWolf
Mester
Sted: Oslo

Re: Nye funn

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Så det er bare for meg å grave ned skinna i hagen og vente til de er utgravet?
Høres MYE enklere ut enn braintanning .. hehehe
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpr ... al-burial/
Scientists claim they have found the oldest evidence of human creativity: a 350,000-year-old pink stone axe.
Bilde
The ‘humans began abstract thinking 50,000 years ago’ is ridiculous, as they’ve found jewellery made from ostrich egg shell at Lake Fezzan in Libya about 200,000 years old.
Om dette stemmer, er vel ikke en 60.000 år med pil og bue utenkelig?
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Svært godt bevart skipsvrak fra 1600-tallet funnet i Østersjøen.
Dykarna har upptäckt ett lejon på rodret och därför har vraket fått namnet "Lejonvraket".
Bilde

http://www.svd.se/kulturnoje/nyheter/ar ... 296743.svd
http://www.vgtv.no/?id=23584
http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/nyhete ... 5607207.ab

Hva er sannsynligheten for at det dukker opp noe som kan være relatert til vår interesse tror dere?
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Funnet av Mary Rose, 16th century ship ... denne er jo ekstremt viktig for oss langbuefolk.
The Mary Rose Museum
Bilde
Kanskje "Løveskipet" har tilsvarende hemmligheter?

En bakgrunnsdokumentar jeg fant der ute ..

The Mary Rose 1/6
The Mary Rose 2/6
The Mary Rose 3/6
The Mary Rose 4/6 Se langbuene av barlind de fant :)
The Mary Rose 5/6 Se pilene de fant :)
The Mary Rose 6/6

http://www.the-tudors.org.uk/mary-rose-longbows.htm
Mary Rose Longbows
The artefacts found on the Mary Rose ship included more than 3,500 arrows and 137 whole longbows. The actual number of longbows which the Mary Rose was equipped with was 250 with a total of 8000 arrows. This was an unexpected find, it was assumed that the majority of weapons on the warship would focus on the new technology of the gun and the cannon. Most other weapons were assumed to be those which suited to capturing the enemy ship by hand-to-hand fighting. The surprise when raising the wreck of the Mary Rose was that there were hundred of longbows and arrows on board, the new technology of the gun had not replaced this valuable weapon in the early Tudor period and the find enabled valuable information to be collected about the power and design of the longbow. There were so few surviving longbows before the raising of the Mary Rose that little detailed information was available regarding their size, draw and range. The Mary Rose longbows have revolutionised our knowledge of the performance and power of this important weapon.
MalaWolf
Mester

12 000 år gamle flintfunn i Øvre Eiker

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

http://www.forskning.no/artikler/2009/august/226858

Bilde
12 000 år gamle flintfunn i Øvre Eiker

Darbu (NTB): Noen av Norges første innbyggere etter den siste istida bodde i Darbu, like vest for Drammen. Arkeologer er begeistret over de 12 000 år gamle funnene, overraskende langt inne i landet.
:) Kanskje de benytta Holmegårdsbuer ? Ingen referanser til pilspisser desverre....

PS. dette funnet flytter bygdas historie 4000 år bakover i tid :)
Sist redigert av MalaWolf den 21 sep 2009, 13:48, redigert 1 gang totalt.
Brukeravatar
Bøck
kaptein
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Bøck »

Jeg møtte kollegaer med mer info om funnet fra Øvre Eiker nå i helga, men - kremt - jeg var ikke 100% edru og er litt uklar på hvilke detaljer som ble presentert. De mener i hvertfall at materialet ser ut som Ahrensburg-kultur, og så vidt meg bekjent (jeg er ikke ekspert på steinalder) er det primært pilspisser som er diagnostiske for den kulturen. Av dette slutter jeg at det er en god sjanse for at det er pilspisser i materialet.

Det er ikke veldig vanlig å finne pilspisser på boplasser, men det hender jo. Jeg minner derfor om tilbudet om å få se og holde i pilspisser og annet fra boplassen jeg er med og graver ut ved Andelva. Jeg er tilgjengelig på stedet til 11. september, men send meg uansett en PM først for å avtale tid.
Jørgen Bøckman
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Bøck skrev:Jeg møtte kollegaer med mer info om funnet fra Øvre Eiker nå i helga,... De mener i hvertfall at materialet ser ut som Ahrensburg-kultur ... Av dette slutter jeg at det er en god sjanse for at det er pilspisser i materialet.
Ahrensburg pilspiss:
Bilde

Ahrensburg kulturen på Wikipedia.dk

Funnområde/utbredelseområde for denne kulturen:
Bilde

Om det du sier stemmer, må vel dette kartet redefineres :)
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

I forbindelse med det nye funnet i Øvre Eiker, kom jeg over:
Gammel jakt- og fangstkultur som indikatorer for eldre tiders jaktorganisering, ressurspolitikk og trekkmønster hos rein i Dovretraktene fra NINA om reinfangstkulturene rundt Dovre. Det er referanser til hvordan jakten med bue foregikk. Har ikke lest hele, men det er (i mine øyne) spennende lesning.
Brukeravatar
Christian
Mester
Sted: Vestby

Legg inn av Christian »

Arkeologer graver i jorda, Malawolf graver i internettet :wink:
Olav, du må vakne. Indianarane kjem!
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Fant 30 000 år gammel farget tråd

Bilde
Noen av fibrene fra Dzudzuana-hulen ser ut til å være farget av steinaldermenneskene som lagde dem. Fargene omfatter gul, rød, blå, fiolett, svart, brun, grønn og khaki. Mange typer naturlige fargestoffer var tilgjengelig i området.

Lin er en av de plantene menneskene første begynte å dyrke, men funnene fra Georgia er eldre enn dette, og skriver seg fra vill lin.
Heftig - intet mindre :)

Buestrenger av lin for 30000 år siden slettes ingen umulighet ?
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

70.000 år gammelt lim til pilspisser rekonstuert :)

Evidence for Stone Age Multitasking

Bilde
Sist redigert av MalaWolf den 25 mar 2013, 15:33, redigert 1 gang totalt.
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Ancient Weapons Emerge From Melting Arctic Ice

Bilde
A treasure trove of ancient weapons has emerged from melting ice patches in the Canadian Arctic, revealing hunting strategies thousands of years old.

The weapons, which include a 2,400-year-old spear throwing tools, a 1,000-year-old ground squirrel snare, and bows and arrows dating back 850 years, have been found high in the remote Mackenzie Mountains, a region where Mountain Boreal caribou abound in the summer months.

Dotted with ice patches resulting from accumulation of annual snow that, until recently, remained frozen all year, the mountains have been the caribous’ shelter for millennia.

Seeking relief from the heat and annoying bugs, the animals huddle on the ice patches, becoming an easy target for hunters who recognized this behavior millennia ago.

Their tools buried deep beneath centuries of winter snow are now revealing how hunting strategies developed over thousands of years.

"We are talking of complete examples of ancient technology, including arrows with wooden shafts, feathers and sinew hafting. These artifacts are giving us an entirely new appreciation of how ancient hunting tools were made and used," Tom Andrews, an archaeologist with the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Center in Yellowknife and lead researcher on the International Polar Year Ice Patch Study, told Discovery News.

Ice patch archaeology began in 1997 when sheep hunters stumbled upon a 4,300-year-old dart shaft in caribou dung amid thawing ice patches in the southern Yukon.

"Following that discovery, we recovered more than 200 ancient hunting artifacts, with the oldest dating back more than 9,000 years," Greg Hare, the Yukon archaeologist who analyzed the original discovery, told Discovery News.

Thanks to global warming, Hare and colleagues also unearthed some 1,600 animal bones and mummified small mammals and birds that have been preserved in the ice for thousands of years.

"We began wondering if we had the same phenomenon here," Andrews said.

Indeed, in 2005, a detailed ground survey produced the first major find: a centuries-old hunting bow made from willow.

In the following four years, Andrews and colleagues explored eight ice patches, finding a treasure trove of hunting tools -- and great amounts of caribou dung.

"By radiocarbon dating the dung, we have determined that the patches have been used by caribou for nearly 6,000 years," Andrews said.

The researchers are also studying pollen and insects trapped in the dung, in the effort to understand what changes in the environment have taken place over the millennia.

"By studying the plant remains we can look at changes in caribou diet, and by studying ancient DNA preserved in the dung we can address questions of caribou population genetics," Andrews said.

Detailed in the book "Hunters of the Alpine Ice," the research is currently a race against time because of warming temperatures: two of the eight original patches have already disappeared.

Andrews and his colleagues are hoping to monitor some 20 ice patches over the coming years to retrieve fragile artifacts as they melt out.

"We have an ethical obligation to collect these artifacts as they are exposed. If left on the ground, they would be trampled by caribou or dissolved by the acidic soils," Andrews said.

According to Hare, Andrews' research is "exceptional" since it has established that ice patch archaeology is not limited to only one geographic area.

"This will have implications for alpine research around the world. Wherever there is perennial snow cover, archaeologists should at least be considering the possibility of artifact recovery," Hare said.
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Sist redigert av MalaWolf den 16 mai 2010, 16:32, redigert 1 gang totalt.
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

MalaWolf skrev:http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/New_details ... id=1014380

Funn i alpene, 1500 år eldre enn Øtzi.. Bue inkludert
... og her er bildene av barlindbuen
Bilde

kilde(tysk)
MalaWolf
Mester

Legg inn av MalaWolf »

Oldest Twine Dates Back to Stone Age
Fiber technology first emerged in hunter-gatherer societies as early as 32,000 years ago.

Bilde

A view of some of the flax fibers uncovered in Dzudzuana cave in Georgia. Fiber technology first emerged in hunter-gatherer societies as early as 32,000 years ago, according to a new study.
http://news.discovery.com/archaeology/s ... twine.html

Så er spørsmålet hva pollenanalysene viser om bruken av lin i Norden? Når ser vi de første sporene etter bruk av lin her i gamlelandet?
Svar